Conference REGNO 2007 - 26-27 November, Riga, Latvia
Call for paper 23.3.2007
Previous Regno Conferences have been very successful and generated many interesting and useful discussions. All together there has been more than 800 participants from 25 different countries.
The Conferences have focused on the issues related to the development of land registration, population registration, registration of legal entities and businesses, address registers, as well as the development of new technologies for data dissemination, efficient customer service, data protection and system security, and the impact of information technologies on society.
The purpose of Regno Conferences is to provide the participants an opportunity to exchange information about the situation of base registers and public e-services development in different countries and to discuss about future strategies in that area as a part of e-Government.
Date and Venue
The sixth Regno Conference will be arranged in Riga, Latvia on the 26th – 27th of November 2007. The Conference is organised by Secretariat of Special Assignments Minister for Electronic Government Affairs of Latvia and Population Register Centre from Finland.
The Conference envisages to cover:
- the all aspects linked with the role of Registers in the provision of qualitative and modernized e-services for administrations, citizens and business;
- use of registers data, integration of state registers, development of e-archives, implementation of e-signature, legislation on e-documents, validity of electronic data; business process rearrangements, and other similar issues.
- EU wide possibilities linked with improvement and development of collaboration,
• Secure exchange of information between registers and service providers, trust and security of public e-services provided by Registers;
• Involvement, various systems of Registries in countries
- possible unified solution;
Public Sector Information Reuse (PSI) policy thematically common event: EU funded project’s ePSIplus thematical meeting "Information management, standards and data quality" during the REGNO conference timeframe.
Info and Contact
More information about the conference: http://www.regno2007.lv/eng/index.php?p=0
Ms. Inese Betaga and Mr. Toms Celmillers
Secretariat of Special Assignments Minister
for Electronic Government Affairs
33 K.Valdemara street
Riga, LV-1010, LATVIA
Phone: +371 7114734; +371 7142776
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mr. Rolf Ahlfors and Mr. Esa Komi
Population Register Centre
FI-00581 Helsinki, FINLAND
Phone: +358 9 229 161
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Former Regno2006: www.registrucentras.lt/regno2006